For Creativity that Knows No Limits
The SINGER Futura XL-420 embroidery and sewing machine includes innovative features that allow you to do more than ever before. With an endless hoop, knee lifter for hands-free presser foot lifting, extra-large sewing space for quilting and 200 built-in embroidery designs – including 20 endless designs – it’s just what you need to make your sewing creativity truly limitless.
- 200 ALL NEW Embroidery Designs
- Includes small hoop, large hoop and 20 endless designs
- NEW Endless Embroidery Hoop
- Create beautiful border and edging designs in this 6.75” X 4” hoop.
- Multi-Hooping Capability
- Easily create designs larger than one hoop. Large multiple hoop embroidery designs can be easily created on screen providing the sewer with the capability to precisely match stitches and designs.
- 3 Easy-On Extra-Large Hoops
- Includes a 10” X 6” large hoop, 4” X 4” small hoop and 6.75” X 4” endless hoop
- Stippling Embroidery Designs
- Easily creates free motion quilting effects with embroidery.
- Design File Compatibility
- The included embroidery software will read these design file types: FHE, XXX, JEF, CHE, HUS, PES, DST, SHV, PEC, EXP, VIP, PCS, PSW & SEW.
- Basic Editing of All Designs
- Using the embroidery software, you can resize a design, letters or delete part of a design to meet your needs.
- Easily Sends Designs to Machine
- One icon click in the embroidery software sends the design to your machine
- 5 Popular Fonts for Monogramming
- Select from 5 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Outline Lettering
- Create big, bold letters using a running or satin stitch.
- Embroidery Software Included
- Installation software comes on a handy USB
- Live Software Updates
- You can set the embroidery software to check for updates manually or on a set schedule. With a live internet connection, if an update is detected, it will automatically download to your desktop and await installation.
- Connects Directly to Computer via USB Cable
- By allowing you to use your own computer, this unique innovation gives you the same capabilities of other embroidery machines at a fraction of the cost.
- SWIFTSMART™ Threading System
- Simply guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for easy needle threading.
- DROP & SEW™ Bobbin System
- No need to pull up the bobbin thread manually. Simply insert the bobbin, place the thread in the channel and start sewing.
- 6 STAYBRIGHT™ LED Lights
- With lights on each side of the needle area as well as one light over the large surface to the right of the needle, it is easier to see your work.
- 30 Built-In Sewing Stitches
- 6 Basic, 5 Stretch 17 Decorative and 2 Buttonholes
- A large variety of stitches for fashion, home décor, quilting and heirloom sewing always ensures the perfect stitch for every project.
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process, providing reliable results every time.
- Exclusive Buttonhole Foot with Underplate
- This foot sandwiches fabric between a lower plate and the foot to ensure perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric.
- Knee Lifter
- The knee lifter allows for hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot and is vital when appliquéing, embroidering or quilting.
- Extra-Large Sewing Space
- Plenty of room for your biggest projects with 8.25 inches from the needle to the tower
- Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The needle can be programmed to stop in the highest up position when your foot is lifted from the controller, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine. The needle can also be programmed to stop in the down position which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéing and quilting.
- Drop Feed
- Perfect for free-motion embroidery, machine embroidery, monograms and attaching buttons without the need to attach a darning plate.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- There are two heights to the presser foot lifter. The second height offers a ¼” more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot.
- Automatic Tension
- Stable stitch quality no matter the type of fabric used
- Speed Control Lever
- Slide the lever on the front of the machine to set the sewing speed from slow to fast. When the foot pedal is used the lever functions as a top speed limiter
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- Accessories Included
- 6.75” X 4” Endless Embroidery Hoop, 10” X 6” embroidery hoop, 4” X 4” embroidery hoop, Knee Lifter, USB Cable, Embroidery Foot, All Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Thread Spool Nets, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Scissors, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Screwdrivers, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush and Vinyl Accessory Bag
- Computer Requirements
- Personal Computer with 1 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Windows OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, 1GB of RAM (or more recommended), CD-ROM Drive, 500 MB (or more recommended) of Available Hard-Disk Space for Installation, Color Standard (1024x768 pixel, 65,000 colors recommended), VGA Adapter Connected with Color VGA Monitor, Microsoft Compatible Mouse, USB 1.1/2.0
PARTS, LABOUR AND FREE SERVICING ON ALL NEW MACHINES
(EXCLUDING AGENCY MODELS)
Guarantee lengths (exclusions or extensions may apply to specific models)
- AEG - 15 years
- Bernina Bernette - 15 years
- Brother - 3 years (manufacturer parts/labour guarantee)
- Elna - 2 years (manufacturer parts/labour guarantee)
- Highline - 15 years
- Jaguar - 15 years
- Janome - 2 years (manufacturer parts/labour guarantee)
- Jata - 15 years
- Monarch - 15 years
- Necchi - 15 years
- Pfaff - 15 years
- Singer - 15 years
- Toyota - 15 years
- Viking Husqvarna - 15 years
Please keep the original box and internal packaging your machine arrived in if you wish for us to arrange the return your machine during the guarantee period*.
Please never take your machine to any unauthorised engineer, If you do not get permission from us you may void your warranty.
All our engineers have been trained by all manufactureres.
Agency models are machines that we sell on behalf of Janome, Brother and Elna, the guarantee for these machines vary from 2-3 years parts and labour only (servicing is not included).
FREE SERVICING OFFER
For machines eligible for our 15 year guarantee we include a NO COST SERVICE up to once a year. We only ask that you as the customer cover the carriage cost for the return of the machine or sends/brings in the machine to one of our service centres. For machines with 5 year guarantees, we offer 1 free service within the guarantee period which can be taken at any time after 12 months of purchase and before 5 years.
If you would like your machine sent to us (mainland UK only), we then can arrange a return service via courier. We then service your machine and redeliver your machine back to you. The total cost of this service is £30 inc. return postage. This represents a huge saving as the cost of getting a sewing machine serviced locally around the country normally ranges from £60 to £100.
An additional optional extension to this guarantee which includes free return via courier & re-delivery for the lifetime of this guarantee is available at the current cost of £69.95 and can be added within 6 months of purchase. Please contact us for further information on this service.
Important Notice re. Business use
With the exception of Industrial machines, or specified on your invoice, we do not guarantee any machine for any business/commercial/factory use. We can only guarantee machines for domestic use. If you are a business, as long as you notify us prior to purchasing we will then advise you if it is correct for your business and the guarantee we can offer you. Where machines are used in education, please inform us of their use before purchase so we can offer our free education guarantee (between 2 and 5 years depending on the model(s) chosen).
Guarantees from the Manufacturers
Our Machines are brand new and have a full manufacturer’s warranty. Registration may be required. Manufacturers warranties normally vary between 2 years and 5 years and will be confirmed within each product listing.
Our extended guarantee on selected models
Benefit from our extended parts and labour guarantee selected models. When purchasing a selected new machine from us, you're safe in the knowledge that you can buy with peace of mind.
What's covered? Electrical and mechanical components - as per the manufacturers Guarantee.
What's not covered? Naturally this extended cover excludes wilful damage, misuse, overuse and commercial use. Consumable items such as but not limited to belts, bulbs, bobbin cases and needles are also not covered as per the manufacturer's guarantee.
All our new sewing machines undergo a pre-delivery factory inspection and are tested for your assurance. You can be confident that your machine will reach you, ready to tackle the toughest tasks, straight from the box.
If for some reason your new machine is found to be in need of attention due to problems caused through faulty components, for a period of 6 months we will arrange a carriage-paid return label. We will then repair and return your machine - available to UK mainland customers only. If you are outside of the UK mainland, please return the machine via a carrier of your choice to one of our service centres and it will be returned to you free of charge. We cannot reimburse costs incurred for return by your own carrier.
Please contact us first as all repair/returns must be authorised prior to being sent. We will send you a returns form to complete so your repair/return can be authorised.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please keep the original box and internal packaging your machine arrived in if you wish for us to arrange the return your machine during the guarantee period*.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory consumer rights
Industrial machines are covered for 1 year return to base guarantee - we cannot arrange a courier for these items.
* Return service available from UK mainland area only. Return and re-delivery charges apply after 6 months of original purchase date.
UK delivery is FREE on all orders over £30.
IN STOCK ITEMS - For items we stock, we aim to dispatch orders on the same day if ordered before 12pm and deliver on the next working day (UK mainland only)
OUT OF STOCK or PRE-ORDERED ITEMS - Please see delivery information shown in the title of the product or check with your sales agent.
EXCEPTIONS FOR CERTAIN BRANDS
Where product is not stocked in our own warehouse, delivery times may vary. Please speak to a sales agent to confirm delivery times on these items or advise if your order is of an urgent nature.
BROTHER - Some models sent directly by Brother, allow up to 3 working days
JANOME - Some models sent directly by Janome, allow 1-3 working days
PFAFF & VIKING HUSQVARNA - Some models sent directly from mainland Europe - allow up to 10 working days
ADJUSTOFORM - Dress forms are made to order and generally take 7-10 working days for delivery.
SHOWROOM MODELS / EX-DISPLAY MODELS - These may need to be tested prior to being sent and may not be dispatched straight away - please allow 3-5 working days for delivery.
Generally our carriers will send you a message by email or text message (SMS) with tracking information.
Please note that if you order more than one product, they may arrive separately - even if advertised as part of a bundle. This is due to the fact that we operate several warehouses and some stock is delivered directly from the manufacturer.
Some remote areas such as Highlands and Islands may take longer to reach.
Delivery times may vary in busy periods such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas time, Bank holidays etc. Please check with us for latest delivery information when you place your order.
Deliveries are securely tracked. This is to ensure the goods are delivered and received correctly. If you can’t be there to sign for delivery our couriers will generally leave the item(s) with a neighbour or a safe place if you have specified this is as appropriate.
Delivering Outside UK
Many of our products are only available for delivery within the United Kingdom. We only supply BS spec product designed for use in the UK. Please check with our sales team before ordering if you wish to order for delivery outside of the UK.
If you wish to provide delivery instructions after placing your order, please contact us as soon as possible quoting order number.
Please see our returns policy (click here)