0% INTEREST CREDIT
0% interest credit is available on this product.
from £116.58 per month (based on 12 months plan).
3, 6 and 9 months terms also available.
Apply at checkout or call 020 3826 5900. 98%+ acceptance rate. Credit package offered is subject to status and order size. Terms apply.
IN STOCK - Order online or call 0800 567 7111
Share this product:
Please Chat with our operators for Extra Discounts off Web Prices and Bonus Gifts... LIMITED STOCK - Don't miss out.
The embroidery machine for people who love to sew. CONTINUOUS HOOP!
With 215 sewing stitches, 125 built-in embroidery designs and great automatic features, it’s so easy to let your creativity lead the way! Create monogrammed napkins, embroidered garments, decorative pillows and so much more, all with one machine: the SINGER® FUTURA XL-550 sewing and embroidery machine.
- SwiftSmart™ Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- Sewing’s biggest timesaver!
- Separate Bobbin Winding Motor
- You can easily wind a bobbin while sewing or embroidering.
- Speed Control
- Reduce the speed for precise sewing. Easily accessible on the front of your machine.
- 6 StayBright™ LED Lights
- Fills the sewing surface with light, making it easier to view your work and eliminating eye strain
- Drop & Sew™ Bobbin System
- Automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading. The clear cover makes it easy to see the bobbin supply.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- Easy to place multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot
- 2 Built-In Spool Pins
- Horizontal and vertical thread delivery are handy for twin needle sewing, specialty sewing and topstitching techniques.
- 2 Accessory Trays
- The machine accessories are within handy reach, stored in the Removable Extension Table. Plus, another extra accessory storage in the embroidery
- Embroidery Features
- To access the built-in tutorials in the software for your SINGER® FUTURA™ sewing & embroidery machine, please follow these instructions:
- > Open the software.
- > Click on the Help tab at the top of the toolbar.
- > Click on How-To Tutorial.
- > Choose a category.
- 2 Snap-On Hoops Included
- Create beautiful embroideries in a variety of sizes: Extra Large 260 mm x 160 mm and Small 100 mm x 100 mm.
- Multi-Hoop Capability to Embroider Designs Larger than One Hoop
- Gives endless possibilities to embroider designs up to 480 mm x 280 mm (18 ½” x 11”)
- 125 Embroidery Designs Included
- A large selection of embroidery designs are included to get you started right away.
- Design File Capability
- Automatically reads most embroidery design file formats.
- Basic Editing of All Designs
- Customize your embroidery on your computer screen. Combine multiple designs into one design file and add lettering to personalize your embroidery. Select custom colors for your threads. Rotate embroidery designs in one degree increments for perfect placement and design possibilities. Flip embroidery designs horizontally and/or vertically or repeat embroidery designs for even more creative possibilities. Resizing capability allows you to reduce or enlarge the embroidery design for use on any project.
- Lettering Program with 20 Fonts
- Select from 20 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with 30 lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Built-In Multi-Lingual Alphabet
- English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Turkish, Norwegian and Russian
- Trace Design
- Trace the outline of the design in the embroidery hoop to accurately position the design.
- 3D Realistic View and Print Capabilities
- Stitches appear on the computer screen exactly as they will sew. Print the design to create placement templates.
- Connects Directly to Computer via USB Cable
- Quick transfer of designs, no additional hardware or cards are needed.
- Windows® Compatible
- Operates with any computer with an Operating System of Windows® XP / Vista® / 7 / 8 / 8.1
- Software Included
- Software CD including Installation Software, AutoPunch™, HyperFont™ and Editing. AutoPunch™ converts clip art, logos and self-created designs into embroidery. HyperFont™ converts all TrueType fonts on your PC into embroidery. Advanced Editing allows you to edit existing embroidery designs
- Additional Embroidery Designs
- Download additional embroidery designs at myembroideries.com.
- Sewing Features
- Extra-Large Sewing Space
- The arm length to the right of the needle is 210 mm (8 ¼”) which gives more space for Quilts and other Large Projects.
- 215 Built-In Stitches
- For a wide variety of sewing. You will always have the perfect stitch for every project.
- 6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonholes are quickly and easily sewn in a simple one-step process. Both columns are sewn in the same direction to lie smoothly and prevent distortion. Also includes an Endless Button hole.
- Up to 7mm Stitch Width
- Decorative stitches are wide, bold and beautiful.
- Automatic Tension
- The best tension is automatically set for any stitch
- Presser Foot Sensor
- Notifies with error message and buzzer when presser foot is not down
- Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate
- Makes it easy to create buttonholes, even on thick fabrics or uneven fabric thicknesses
- Programmable Needle Up / Down
- One touch sets the needle to stop up or down for easy pivoting, appliqué, accurate stitch placement and more.
- Electronic Twin Needle Function
- Limits the stitch width when using a twin needle on decorative stitches to prevent needle breakage
- Drop Feed
- A convenient lever lowers the feed teeth for free-motion embroidery and creative top stitching.
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- One touch instantly cuts the top and bobbin thread while sewing. In embroidery it cuts the threads between color changes and at the end.
15 Year Parts / Labour / Service Guarantee on Sewing Machines and Overlockers
15 YEAR PARTS LABOUR AND FREE ANNUAL SERVICING ON ALL MACHINES (EXCLUDING AGENCY MACHINES)
We have been established since 1903 so please don't be sceptical when it comes to our long warranty offers.
Agency machines are machines that we sell on behalf of Janome, Brother and Elna, the guarantee for these machines vary from 2-3 years parts and labour only (service is not included)..
For all non-agency machines we include a NO COST service every year, however the cost of delivery to us is to be borne by the customer only after the first 6 months have passed, the cost of getting a sewing machine serviced locally around the country normally ranges from £60 to £100.
You simply drop your machine at a local DPD parcel shop, we then service and redeliver your machine to you. The total cost of this service is £30 inc. return postage. This saves you the hassle of taking your machine to your local shop repair shop, parking, then having to go back and collect it later. So, let us look after you. This charge is only after the first 6 months. A full service will only cost you the price of the courier service! An additional optional extension which includes collection & redelivery for the lifetime of this guarantee is available - please contact us for information.
If you are using a domestic / computer machine for any business venture, large or small your guarantee is void, we only guarantee machines for domestic use, if you are a small cottage industry, as long as you notify us in writing as to what product you are buying, we will then advise you if it is correct for your business.
As an example buying a machine for £100 would be perfect for any household, but it would not be designed to support a day to day business.
IRONING PRESSES ARE NOT COVERED IF YOU ARE ABED AND BREAKFAST OR HOTEL
Please advise in writing how many rooms you have as your guarantee will be invalid, we do sell 2 presses suitable for B&B the VALET AND BLANCA
Guarantees from the Manufacturers
Our Machines are brand new and have a full manufacturer’s warranty. Registration may be required.
Manufacturers warranties normally vary between 2 years and 5 years.
Warranty for 15 Years on selected models
Yes you're covered for parts and labour for 15 years on selected models. When purchasing a selected new machine from this website you're safe in the knowledge that you can buy with peace of mind. We only sell quality products . There is normally a charge to extend the warranty, however we have wavered this payment.
What's covered? Bone-fide faults. As per the manufacturers Guarantee.
What's not covered? Very little. Naturally this extended cover excludes willful damage, misuse, repairs caused by overuse or repairs made necessary by commercial use. Also "consumable items" such as belts, bulbs,bobbin cases and needles etc as stated on the manufacturers guarantee document. Sorry we can’t extend the warranty on presses, unless on promotion
All our new sewing machines undergo a pre delivery inspection and are tested for your assurance, so you can be confident that your machine will reach you, ready to tackle the toughest tasks, straight from the box.
If for some reason your new machine is found to be in need of attention due to problems caused through faulty components for a period of 6 months we will sanction our "no carriage cost" back to base, repair and return of your machine within the UK mainland.
Please phone first as all repair/returns must be authorised prior to being sent. We will e-mail you or post a RMA form before repairs are authorised, please sign and return as soon as you can to speed up the process of repair.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
YOU MUST RETAIN ALL THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING IF YOU WISH FOR YOUR MACHINE TO BE COLLECTED BY US. THIS INCLUDES ALL INTERNAL POLYSTYRENE.
Please retain the original packing materials - just in case your machine has to be returned to us. If you choose to dispose of the original packaging then this is against our advice. We cannot be held responsible for any damages caused in transit if the machine is not in its original packaging, however we will not be able to arrange collection/delivery if you do not retain packaging internal as well as external.
This does not affect your statutory consumer rights and will apply only to machines purchased for use in the UK mainland. All machines must be used for normal domestic purposes. The warranty does not cover consumable items such as: needles, bobbins, bobbin cases, bulbs, belts, non-metal parts, loopers, blades, timing adjustments etc as stated in the manufacturers warranty.
Very often, problems with sewing machines, presses and overlockers are down to user error. Customers purchasing a Sewing Machine can email or phone our helpline for advice, however the first point of call should be the instruction manual.
If you have purchased your machine from another company, you can purchase our 15 year parts labour and service warranty for £299.00 plus vat - subject to pre-inspection of your machine.
Additionally, if you buy any other sewing machine from us with a lesser warranty period you can extend the warranty to 15 years parts labour and service at a cost of £299 (excluding agency machines).
This guarantee does not affect your statutory consumer rights
Industrial machines are covered for 1 year only. This is due to the weight and size of the machine, we cannot collect or redeliver during the guarantee, however, all labour and parts are free for the first year. We charge £100 for a call out within a 50 mile radius of our workshop, or you can bring to our workshop at no cost.
- 24 x 300m Sewing Threads (various colours)
- 3 x Soft Grip Sewing Scissors
- Sew What? by Debbie Shore DVD - Learn to use your Sewing Machine
* Offers excludes Agency Machines - Please note that free gifts may arrive separately from your machine. Gifts are automatically added to eligible orders. Please be aware that if your item already is on offer with a free gift such as an Extension table or Quilting kit, additional free gifts may not be available. Gifts are subject to stock availability. Please chat with our operators to confirm your gift package.
UK mainland delivery is free on all orders for items over £30
We aim to dispatch orders on the same day if ordered before 1pm*
We use both Parcelforce, DPD and Hermes for deliveries.
We aim to deliver orders within 1-2 working days with the exception of Pfaff & Viking Husqvarna machines as they can take between 5 - 7 working days, plus non stock items. Delivery times may vary in sales periods. Deliveries must be signed for, this is to ensure the goods are delivered and received correctly. If you can’t be there to sign for delivery, please provide special delivery instructions during the checkout process for our drivers to leave the item(s) with a neighbour or in some other safe place. You are able to specify any delivery address while ordering and have your order delivered to your own home, a workplace, or a friend’s address, etc.
Please note that SHOWROOM MODELS & EX-DISPLAY MODELS are tested prior to being sent - please allow 5 working days for delivery.
Please note that Adjustoforms are made to order and generally take 3-5 working days for delivery.
Delivering Outside UK
Please give clear delivery instructions at the time of purchase, so that we may pass onto international couriers.
If you wish to provide delivery instructions after placing your order, please contact us as soon as possible quoting order number.
Please see our returns policy (click here)
* Working days only - Order before 1pm for same day dispatch on most machines.